On Sunday night, the British Academy Film Awards took place in London’s Royal Albert Hall. One of the most highly awaited nights in Hollywood, where the best of the best are awarded saw several artists take home the trophy for their well-deserving performances and work.
It was the night dedicated to Chloe Zhao’s hard hitting Nomadland. The film won 4 BAFTAs including some major categories – Best Film, Best Director and Best Actress. Adarsh Gourav who made it to the top in the nomination list for The White Tiger lost to Anthony Hopkins for The Father. Animated film Soul won Best Animated Film and Original Score.
Check out the full list of the BAFTA winners here below.
Best Film: Nomadland
Outstanding British Film: Promising Young Woman
Director: Chloe Zhao, Nomadland
Original Screenplay: Promising Young Woman
Adapted Screenplay: The Father
Leading Actress: Frances McDormand, Nomadland
Leading Actor: Anthony Hopkins, The Father
Supporting Actress: Yuh-Jung Young, Minari
Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya, Judas and the Black Messiah
Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer: Remi Weekes, His House
Documentary: My Octopus Teacher
Animated Film: Soul
Original Score: Soul
Editing: Sound of Metal
Production Design: Mank
Costume Design: Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
Make up and Hair: Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
Sound: Sound of Metal
Special Visual Effects: Tenet
British Short Animation: The Owl and the Pussycat
British Short Film: The Present
EE Rising Star Award: Bukky Bakray
Congratulations to all the winners!
- Thandiwe Newton Reclaims Her Birth Name & Recalls Being ‘Derailed’ By Director’s Sexual Misconduct At 16
- Gal Gadot Reportedly Told to ‘Shut Up’ & ‘Say the Lines’ by ‘Justice League’ Director Joss Whedon
- Daniel Kaluuya (Rightfully) Called Out the Royal Family in His First SNL Monologue
- Jisshu Sengupta plays a single father in Baba Baby O
- The Wait For The Kissing Booth 3 Is Almost Over! Netflix Has Finally Given It a Release Date