Ever since Amanda Gorman gave a poetry reading at the inauguration of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, we’ve been captivated by her words of wisdom. While the 23-year-old stepped into the spotlight as a literary icon, she’s so much more than that. She’s also an author, an activist, an IMG model, and now a Vogue cover star. In a beautiful cover story written by Doreen St. Félix and photographed by Annie Leibovitz for the magazine’s May 2021 issue, Amanda gets candid about her newfound fame and how she hopes to be “a stepping-stone for change” and inspire others to step into their greatness. The cover story is also a historic moment as Amanda is the first poet to cover the magazine. See some of her most inspiring quotes (and stunning portraits) from the cover story ahead.
- Thandiwe Newton Is Taking Back What’s Hers, Starting With Her Name
- Daniel Kaluuya’s Disappointed Dad Face Is Burned Into My Brain After This Funny SNL Skit
- Too Little, Too Late: NPR Posts Paltry Correction After Lying About Hunter Laptop Story
- Thandiwe Newton Reclaims Her Birth Name & Recalls Being ‘Derailed’ By Director’s Sexual Misconduct At 16
- Remake of 1970s ‘Kung Fu’ Is ‘Part of the Solution’ to AAPI Hate