Private matches have arrived today alongside a few other additions in the latest Call of Duty: Warzone patch.
As promised, Infinity Ward has rolled out a big new update for Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare. This is the season’s last update, so there isn’t really any new content to speak of.
The biggest addition comes in the form of the recently leaked private lobbies in Warzone and Plunder. This feature arrives in beta today, with the goal of tweaking and evolving it overtime.
Right now, anyone could start a private battle royale or Plunder match, with squad support in both. You need at least 50 players for BR, and 30 for Plunder. There’s also a mini battle royale option that requires at least 24 players. These numbers are necessary to start private matches, so keep that in mind.
Another big addition in today’s update arrives for the PC version of Warzone and Modern Warfare. In order to reduce the game’s overall size further, Infinity Ward decided to stream some textures on the fly as they’re needed, rather than always having them stored in the game’s files.
This new on-demand texture streaming option is specifically designed for players who play with textures set to High, and it affects weapon and operator textures. All other textures, including lower-resolution versions for weapons and operators, will continue to be stored locally.
You can’t opt for the current implementation, unfortunately, but you can limit the size of textures streamed per day, or set the size of your local download cache. Though you could turn off texture streaming, you will see a lower-resolution version of textures for weapons and operators, while everything else will respect your chosen texture setting.
This is a bit of new technology on PC, so Activision prepared a handy FAQ you should read if you’re feeling a bit lost. Overall, Infinity Ward says streamed data shouldn’t be excessive, if you’re worried about data caps and such. For all other patch notes, check the full change log below.
- Fix for a bug where, when reviving a fallen teammate as the round ends in Survival, users can become stuck in third person.
- Fixed an issue where some players were seeing the error code: “HK:s=373408m=54293536:10635584”.
- Fix for the Gaz Operator challenge where players are unable to complete the first objective in the Season 4 Gaz Operator Bundle Mission “win 3 Gulag fights as Gaz”.
- Fix for an issue where officer challenges 90 – 100 have been resetting after completion, preventing players from getting the last Season 6 Emblem.
- In the Safehouse Finale of SP, at the Killstreak Chopper checkpoint, when using the zoom button the camera will zoom in and out.
- Players using the Juggernaut will not hear the drilling audio when hit by the Phlembotomizer throwing knife. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where the player could have the Spotter Scope effect when not ADSing with it by picking up 2 weapons while looking with the scope.
- Fixed a bug where helicopters could spin and float in the air after progressing in Survival.
- Fixes to help prevent players from going AFK in Gunfight.
- LMGs, Sniper Rifles, and Marksmen Rifles will now rotate as intended in Gunfight.
- Fix for an issue where players that die right before an HQ is disabled and watch the full killcam do not spawn in as intended.
- M4 Tombstone: Fix for a bug where adding the .458 SOCOM or the 9mm Para 32-Round Mags removes them from the weapon model.
- Tracer Pack: Sakura Edition- Maruyama – The dynamic icon appears to have a minor gap between the barrel and body of the weapon when the Compensator is equipped on the FTAC 13.5″ Compact barrel. This has been fixed.
- Fixes to help fight against weapon corruption while in Spectator mode.
- The gas from the Gas Grenade can sometimes obscure or completely hide players from thermal scopes.
- Fixed an exploit near the Lozoff Pass Metro Station.
- Armored Royale: Fixed a bug where dropping a truck redeployment flare into the service entrance of the subway can cause the truck to parachute underground.
- While in Plunder, players parachutes will now auto deploy to help prevent against exploits.
- Fix for an exploit with the Durable Gas Mask.
- Fixed an audio bug where no overheat audio was playing when using the minigun on the helicopter.
- When the player is using Bumper Ping as their button layout, the player will be unable to switch between the Gas Grenade and EMP Blast, resulting in them only able to use the gas grenade. This has been fixed.
- When sitting in passenger seat of a helicopter and using the minigun, priming a lethal while simultaneously switching seats will break the players viewmodel. This has been fixed.
- Fix for a bug where players are unable to equip other War Tracks after selecting “Random”.
- Removed Juggernauts from Bunker puzzles.
- Fix for a bug where a Premium user with only Warzone installed, can select a trial on a MP map, which can result in a crash.
- Fix for a bug where PC players were able to select a custom loadout in Snipers Only.
- Fixes for an issue where some Activision account names were being applied to different profiles in the friends list.
- Survival mode now has its own DLC package. To access Survival, a player has to install both Special Ops and Survival.
- To help with patch sizes and disk space, high-resolution textures will now be downloaded while playing, using On-Demand Textures Streaming.
- On-Demand Textures Streaming is located in the Options, under the Graphics tab and in the Details & Textures section.
- It will only kick-in for users playing with Texture Resolution set to High.
- It streams textures for Operators and Weapons.
- You can control the daily texture streaming limit and the size of your cache
The post Call of Duty: Warzone patch brings private BR lobbies, introduces texture streaming on PC appeared first on VG247.