The tragic passing of George Floyd continues to hit home for many of us almost one year after the unfortunate event. Many people across the world have spoken out and showed their support as they demanded that justice be served within his case. Recently we sat down with George’s sister, Bridgett Floyd, for an exclusive interview and she spoke to us about who her brother was, his tragic passing, and the Derek Chauvin trial that has been going on for the past two weeks.
While speaking with us Bridgett said, I would like for the public to remember my brother as a very standup guy, a God-fearing man, that loved his family, that loved his little girl, that the officers has took from her. The public needs to know that Floyd was not the kind of guy that they are trying to make him to be.”
We have been providing daily updates on the Chauvin trial as witnesses continue to take the stand and speak out about the case.
As previously reported, prior to the start of the trial, a Hennepin County Judge reinstated a charge of third-degree murder against former officer Derek Chauvin.
Chauvin was originally facing a third-degree murder charge for the killing of George Floyd. However, the charge was previously dismissed by Hennepin County District Court Judge Peter Cahill, who said it didn’t apply to the case. However, the charge was reinstated against Chauvin just ahead of the jury selection for his trial.
Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison said in a statement, “The charge of 3rd-degree murder, in addition to manslaughter and felony murder, reflects the gravity of the allegations against Mr. Chauvin. We look forward to presenting all three charges to the jury.”
Check out our full interview with Bridgett Floyd, and stay tuned for more updates about the Chauvin trial.
Want updates directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or click here to join!
- Incarcerated Man Who Was With George Floyd Before His Arrest Doesn’t Want To Testify Due To The Fear Of Being Charged With Third-Degree Murder
- #TSRTrialWatch: Incarcerated Man Who Was With George Floyd Before His Arrest Doesn’t Want To Testify Due To The Fear Of Being Charged With Third-Degree Murder
- BCA Agent Tells Derek Chauvin’s Lawyer That He Heard George Floyd Say ‘I Ain’t Do No Drugs’ During His Arrest
- Minneapolis Police Chief Testifies That Derek Chauvin’s Extreme Force On George Floyd Violated Policy—“That’s Not Light To Moderate Pressure In Any Way, Shape Or Form”
- Pulmonary Expert Confirms That George Floyd “Died From A Low Level Of Oxygen Causing Damage To His Brain”—Supporting Previous Testimony That Floyd Died From Asphyxiation