“Parveen Babi filled that void. She was a ravishingly beautiful actress with fair skin, long black hair and dark, mesmerising eyes. Until then, I’d always thought of her as ‘the girlfriend of Danny Denzongpa’. He was a good-looking Sikkimese actor, two years younger than me, a year older than Parveen. In the years ahead, he would become a highly successful villain in Bollywood and be nominated for many Filmfare Awards. Parveen began her rapid rise to stardom during their four years together. Her living openly with Danny, wearing jeans and smoking in public, had given her a bohemian image in India. But, morally, she was a conservative Gujarati girl. While the rest of the Juhu gang talked about the ‘free sex’ preaching of Guru Osho, she believed in sexual fidelity. It’s what I was looking for when I fell in love with her,” he goes to write in the book.
- Hereâs what Ayushmann Khurrana has to say about his Filmfare performance
- Emraan Hashmi clicked post his workout as he gears up for Tiger 3
- Rashmika Mandanna opens up about Kirik Partys Hindi remake
- Still Shocked About Regé-Jean Page’s Bridgerton Exit? Here’s What He Had to Say
- I’m an Emotional Pisces Who Loves Sad Sh*t – These Are the Books That Made Me Weep