#Roommates, as the city of Minnesota is currently the site of one of the most anticipated trials in recent memory surrounding the murder of George Floyd by Derek Chauvin. Another tragic incident involving a Black man and Minnesota police recently occurred—and now new details have emerged. Daunte Wright, who was shot and killed by a Minnesota police officer, is the latest name making headlines, as now the state Chief of Police claims that the officer who fatally shot him did so by “accident.”
According to @APNews, Brooklyn Center, Minnesota Chief of Police Tim Gannon, has just released a statement regarding his findings in the fatal shooting death of 20-year-old Daunte Wright. Gannon now claims that the officer who shot and killed Wright intended to fire a taser, not a handgun. Gannon further described the shooting as “an accidental discharge,” saying that the officer (whose identity has not been released but is known to be female) made a mistake. The officer is heard shouting “Taser! Taser! Taser!” on the body camera footage. After firing her handgun, she gets inside her police car and can be heard saying “Holy s**t! I shot him.”
During his press conference, Police Chief Gannon said that less than 24 hours after Daunte Wright was killed, he released the official body camera footage. In that footage, three Minnesota police officers are seen surrounding Wright’s vehicle—when one of those officers attempts to handcuff him, a struggle erupts. The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is now currently investigating the heartbreaking incident. When Gannon was asked if the officer will be fired he said, “I think we can watch the video and ascertain whether she will be returning.”
As we previously reported, Daunte Wright, died on April 11th after being shot by a Minnesota police officer during a traffic stop. Following the news of his death, Minnesota residents began protesting in the streets.
The city is already the site of increasing tension due to the current murder trial of Derek Chauvin for his role in the murder of George Floyd back in May of 2020.
Want tea directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or click here to join!
- Daunte Wright Tragedy: The Latest On Fatal Police Shooting Of 20-Year-Old Black Man Pulled Over For Traffic Violation
- Police Body Camera Footage Finally Released In The March Shooting Death Of 13-Year-Old Adam Toledo Shows That He Was Unarmed—Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot Asks Residents To Be “Calm” & Says City “Failed” Adam
- Nicholas Reardon Has Been Formally Identified As The Police Officer Who Fatally Shot Ma’Khia Bryant
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Stepping Down – Over HUGE SCANDAL!! (Details)
- Blogger KILLS NYC Officer After Ranting On Facebook: ‘F**k The Police’! (Vid)