#Roommates, as the tragic details continue to roll in following the heartbreaking death of 16-year-old Ma’Khia Bryant, a key component in the case has recently been announced. The Columbus, Ohio police chief just identified officer Nicholas Reardon as the police officer who shot and killed Ma’Khia Bryant less than 24 hours ago.
@ABCNews reports, during a press conference held earlier today, interim Columbus Police Chief Michael Woods, formally identified police officer Nicholas Reardon as the person responsible for fatally shooting Ma’Khia Bryant four times. Reardon has reportedly been with the Columbus Police Department since December 2019. Around the same time as Reardon was identified, local police also released three additional body camera videos, along with two 911 calls received from the scene.
In the newly released body cam footage, Nicholas Reardon is seen exiting his police car and approaching Ma’Khia Bryant who was in a physical altercation with two other teenage girls. Only seconds later, Reardon shoots Ma’Khia, firing four shots, as a second officer is seen rushing towards her as she fell to the ground. It’s then that Reardon can be heard saying, “She had a knife, she just went at her,” while a bystander responding yelling, “She’s just a f**king kid.”
As we previously reported, Ma’Khia called the police for help because two girls were fighting outside her home. Columbus, Ohio Police showed up and an altercation ensued between them and Ma’Khia, who was transported to Mount Carmel East Hospital where she was reportedly later pronounced dead.
Shortly after she was pronounced dead, the police body camera footage of the incident was released during a news conference. In the footage, it shows that the Columbus, Ohio police officer who shot Ma’Khia did so after it appears that she attempted to stab two teenage females with a knife, who are rumored to have been bullying her.
Want updates directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or click here to join!
The post Nicholas Reardon Has Been Formally Identified As The Police Officer Who Fatally Shot Ma’Khia Bryant appeared first on The Shade Room.
- Ma’Khia Bryant’s Foster Mom Says That The Argument That Led Up To Her Death Involved Her Foster Daughters Arguing About Cleaning Up
- Police In Columbus, Ohio Fatally Shoot 16-Year-Old Ma’Khia Bryant After She Called THEM For Help
- Minnesota Police Chief Says Officer Who Fatally Shot Daunte Wright Did So ‘Accidentally’ Because He Intended To Reach For His Taser Instead Of His Gun
- Police Body Camera Footage Finally Released In The March Shooting Death Of 13-Year-Old Adam Toledo Shows That He Was Unarmed—Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot Asks Residents To Be “Calm” & Says City “Failed” Adam
- Daunte Wright Tragedy: The Latest On Fatal Police Shooting Of 20-Year-Old Black Man Pulled Over For Traffic Violation