The CW’s live-action Powerpuff Girls reboot has officially begun filming, and the colorful superheroes are all grown up. On Wednesday, Chloe Bennet (Blossom), Dove Cameron (Bubbles), and Yana Perrault (Buttercup) were photographed filming the series pilot in Atlanta alongside Donald Faison – who was recently cast as Professor Utonium – and Robyn Lively. The show, based on the Cartoon Network show from the ’90s, will show the sisters as “disillusioned 20-somethings who resent having lost their childhood to crime-fighting.”
“Today was my first day ever on TV, for real,” Perrault said on her Instagram Stories. “I was on Broad City, but I’m a main character, and that’s pretty f*cking special. I happy cried a couple times – so special day!” In a caption on her stories, Perrault added, “Still hasn’t fully registered in my head but I’m extremely proud of myself and my girls & our whole f*kin crew [sic].” Cameron also shared photos of her dressing room and director Maggie Kiley even posted a photo of her director’s chair from the set on Instagram with the caption, “Day 1!” A premiere date hasn’t been released, so in the meantime, check out the photos from the Powerpuff Girls set ahead.
- Are Matt & Rachael Back Together After ‘The Bachelor’? Reality Steve Says They’re ‘Not Over’
- Prince Jackson Shares Heartfelt Tribute To Paris Jackson On Her 23rd Birthday!
- CITY GIRLS DRAMA! JT’s Boyfriend Uzi Curses Out Yung Miami On LIVE!!
- Ellen Pompeo and Eric Dane Share a Sweet Selfie After Mark’s Surprise Return to Grey’s Anatomy
- Maren Morris Celebrates Her Post-Baby Body In Lingerie Pic — Despite ‘Pressure’ To Just ‘Snap Back’