One of the most unsettling watches of the year, Netflix’s The Serpent follows the terrifying true story of serial killer Charles Sobhraj, who murdered travelers on the Hippie Trail in Southeast Asia during the ’70s. In The Serpent, the notorious “bikini killer,” who is of Vietnamese and Indian descent, is played by French-Algerian actor Tahar Rahim. Wearing aviators, bell-bottoms, and other sartorial fixtures of the ’70s, Rahim delivers a chilling performance where we see the inner workings of someone whom many consider a ruthless narcissist. But does he actually look like Sobhraj? Scroll ahead for real pictures of Sobhraj through the years and decide for yourself.
- The Serpent: Here’s What Happened to Marie-Andrée Leclerc After She Was Caught
- The Serpent: Here Is Herman Knippenberg’s Status Today
- CITY GIRLS DRAMA! JT’s Boyfriend Uzi Curses Out Yung Miami On LIVE!!
- Britney Spears Is ‘Embarrassed’ Her Kids Can Watch Her ‘Nightmare’ Past in Hulu Documentary
- MSNBC’s Heilemann: Don’t Give GOP Credit If They Dump Gaetz! (Never Mind Halperin)