Netflix’s This Is a Robbery gives us a thrilling and thorough breakdown of the infamous 1990 Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum art heist in Boston. The weekend of St. Patrick’s Day, two men disguised as police officers broke into the Gardner Museum and stole $500 million worth of artwork, including rare pieces by Vermeer, Rembrandt, Manet, and other legendary artists. 30 years later, the case remains unsolved, and the artwork is still missing. We don’t know about the pieces’ whereabouts, but there have been plausible theories about who stole the art at the Gardner Museum. Read ahead for the leading theories that the true-crime docuseries explores!
- This Is a Robbery: Were the Stolen Paintings Ever Recovered? Here’s What We Know
- The Serpent: Here Is Herman Knippenberg’s Status Today
- The Serpent: Chilling Pictures of the Real Killer, Charles Sobhraj
- Update Your Mood Playlist – Dodie’s Debut Album Captures the Zeitgeist of 2021
- 61 Thrillers on Netflix That Take Terrifying to a Whole New Level