“She’s a runner, she’s a track star,” we’ve all heard the viral song, but apparently not everyone is in agreement on who made the song famous. On one hand, there’s Mooski, the Alabama artist who actually sings the hot record. And then there’s City Boy J, the TikToker who created the dance challenge to the catchy bop.
One would think that being the singer of a song makes it yours, and rightfully so, but in TikTok era, people also tend to credit a song’s popularity to the creators of the dance challenges the songs are associated with.
At any rate, I don’t believe City Boy J is trying to take ownership of Mooski’s song, but it’s clear that he feels he deserves some acknowledgement for helping the song go viral.
He called out Mooski on Instagram after the artist dropped a music video for the hit featuring Coi Leray as his leading lady. City Boy J insinuated in his post that he wasn’t included in the video due to his sexuality.
“Nope I’m not in the video jus because some one don’t wanna work with me because of who I am it will not stop me from what made me who I am today and all I have done for mooski even if he don’t recognize what I did god and all my supporters is what keep me goin people might say what did I do jus know I changed a mans life and I’m still working from the Bottom with no support like I supported this song,” City Boy J wrote in his caption.
He doubled down on his sentiments during an interview with Lore’l. You can watch what he said below:
View this post on Instagram
Overall, it seems that Mooski is staying clear from the controversy but we’ll keep you posted if he decides to further address the drama.
Want tea directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or click here to join!
- Soulja Boy Reveals Several Record Labels Are Interested In Signing Him After The Viral Success Of His Latest Single ‘She Make It Clap’
- Jacquees Serenades Quavo With His Own Lil’ Twist On ‘Happy Birthday’ For Quavo’s Big 30th Bash (Video)
- NLE Choppa Shares New Dance Challenge For His ‘Beatbox’ Freestyle, Fans Joke About It Looking Like A Seizure (Video)
- Soulja Boy Reflects On His ‘Comeback’ Two Years After His Last Arrest
- Boosie Taps Into His Inner ‘City Girl’ With Impression Of JT’s ‘Throat Baby’ Verse (Video)